No products in the cart.
Boating is a huge responsibility. Use this checklist to make sure you’re not only legal, but safe.
- Tow Boat US or Sea Tow or similar service, you just never know.
- Boat motor check up, water pump, plugs, loose wiring on power head, etc
- For some of us extra 2 stroke oil on board or 4 cycle oil if that is the case.
- Boat registry current, Ramp tags current if applicable
- Boat radio working, antennae
- Depth finder/plotter/GPS working fine, transducer where it should be, remember how to work it?
- Spot light working? Running lights…all have their covers/lenses?
- Helm controls getting you in the right direction…extra fluid onboard?
- Bilge pump(s) working?
- Fresh/salt water wash-down working? Nozzle, hose, connections working not leaking.
- Both batteries good, charged, no corrosion on terminals?
- Life jackets, have enough? Flares current not expired…don’t ask me how I know.
- Fire extinguishers ?
- Boat horn work, got a whistle or worse a paddle.
- Anchor? Got plenty of rope and chain?
- Broken hatches, latches, hinges, locks, etc.…got a loose screw?
- Extra fuses, wiring, water tight connectors for repairs?
- Bimini top going to do the job this year?
- Extra drain plugs/bilge plug
- Complete on the water tool kit/box? Rags, hand cleaner, electrical tape, etc
- Small flashlight
- Beer bottle opener and plenty of Koozies for the rookie drinkers!